When is the best time to exercise if you are looking to shed a few pounds? Both morning and evening workouts have their benefits. Let’s see which time of day would be better for you!
There are many benefits of exercising in the morning. Even though it may be tough to roll out of bed and get active, it is worth it in the long run. Of course, starting your day early will give you extra time to work with. Get your workout out of the way and you can set off towards the rest of the day with a dose of endorphins and a calm mind.
According to a recent study published by Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, a simple 45-minute walk in the morning helps women be less distracted during the day. It also helps females to stay physically active all throughout the day.
Exercising in the morning has been proven to boost metabolism, which means you will continue to burn calories for the remainder of the day. In addition, compared to nighttime exercise, morning workouts will help you sleep better.
Good Morning Exercise Benefits
Here are a few of the benefits associated with morning exercise:
- Boosts Metabolism
- Increases Alertness
- More Overall Energy
- Better Focus/Mood
- Fewer Distractions
The body’s ability to perform its best is in the afternoon, according to Healthline. In fact, body temperature is at its highest from 2-6 pm, meaning this is an optimal time for muscle function and strength. The evening is a very effective time to workout due to your body’s preparation.
Your blood pressure and heart rate are also at the lowest points during the evening. This can improve overall performance while reducing risk of injury, at the same time.
The only drawback to exercising in the evening is that it is recommended to not exercise so close to your bedtime. Getting your heart rate up will make it tougher to fall asleep and enjoy a restful experience.
Evening Exercise Benefits
Here are a few advantages of exercising during the evening:
- Reduces Stress
- Better Focus
- Boosts Muscle Strength
- More Time For Exercise
- Peak Performance
Is It Better To Exercise In The Morning Or In The Evening
With the numerous benefits listed above, it’s obvious that both morning and evening exercises can benefit an individual. It’s up to you to decide which time of the day works better for exercise. For some, morning exercise is out of the question, especially when you have to go to work early. Others may rule out evening exercise because their energy levels may be too low by that time of the day.
The best suggestion is to stick with a routine. Once you start working out in the morning, stay consistent with your actions. Find a time of the day that works best and stick with it for the long term. Watch those pounds shed away as you enjoy your daily exercise.
More Articles About Fitness
- Chest Workouts At Home
- How Long Does It Take To Get In Shape?
- New Year’s Resolution: Diet And Exercise Plan
- COVID-19 And Arizona Gyms
- Motivational Fitness Quotes
- Strength Training For Older Adults
- Stretches That Help You Relieve Upper Back Pain
- Best Nutrition Plans For Weight Loss
- Great Balance Exercises For Seniors
- What is the Importance of Good Nutrition?
- Should I Get A Personal Trainer?
- How Much Does A Personal Trainer Cost?
- How Much Does A Personal Trainer Cost At LA Fitness Cost?
- How to Find the Best Personal Trainer for You
- Personal Trainers Near Me in Chandler
- 15 Benefits of Working with a Personal Trainer
- How To Hire A Personal Trainer
- How Much Does a Personal Trainer Cost In Gilbert, AZ
- Questions To Ask A Personal Trainer Before Hiring
- The Keys To Being A Successful Personal Trainer
- What Does A Personal Trainer Do? | Responsibilities